For us, personal contact with grant applicants is decisive. Thus, we are able to make do with few formalities and are able to make grant decisions based on a formless written application. Your application is initially reviewed to establish general eligibility for funding. For this review to take place in a timely manner, please ensure that your application materials are as complete as possible. For a list of required information, please consult the Guidelines for Applicants.
Grant Application Procedure
- Download the Guidelines for Applicants and print it out. (LINK setzen)
- Submit all of the listed documents (preferably not stapled together).
- If you are unable to provide some of the requested information, please provide an explanation in the appropriate area of the Guidelines.
- Please sign the completed Guidelines and, in particular, the consent to data processing.
- Put both of these signed documents on top of your application documents.
- Send the entire application to us by mail.
Incomplete applications must unfortunately be returned unreviewed. Above all, please note that we cannot process your application without your consent to data processing.
You are welcome to submit an inquiry to us before your application, including via email to anfragen(at)sagst.de.
Please include the following information:
- Name of the applicant or organization, including legal form
- Proof of charitable or non-profit status
- Short description of the project
- Cost plan, financial plan, and timeframe of the project in brief
- Signed consent to data processing
The possible grant amount is based on:
- Our financial possibilities as well as the volume and number of applications received
- Need and urgency of individual projects
- Above all, the portion of the total costs of the project that can be sensibly and appropriately covered through the financial participation of the foundation
Please understand that we are not able to respond to general requests for donations.
Review Process and Grant
When we receive applications, we first review whether they match the basic funding principles of our foundation. In the case of a positive first review, we appoint a SAGST colleague to serve the responsible project manager; he or she will get in touch with you if there are documents missing from your application. If the review of the complete application leads to a positive interim result, then the project manager will usually arrange a visit with you to get to know the project. The project manager will present the project to the board of the foundation in a so-called “grant approval meeting.” The board decides jointly whether and how much funding can be given. Please understand that this form of application review takes time.
In the case of a positive grant decision, the responsible project manager will remain with your project until completion. Officially, project support ends only with an examination of your report on expenditure of funds.
We review all applications and consider them individually and with great flexibility. Nevertheless, some types of projects are almost always ineligible.
Projects not eligible for funding include:
- Short-term events such as conferences or symposia (unless part of a larger support context)
- Holiday or recreational activities
- Clubs/associations or funding for administrative activities
In addition, applications are also disqualified for the following reasons:
- The applicant is a natural person, or the organization does not have non-profit status.
- The goal of your project is not included in our focal areas.
- You are entitled to receive public funding.
- The applicant does not have a legitimate need.
- The requested grant is intended to predominantly cover ongoing operating costs.
If you are unsure whether you meet these criteria, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or e-mail with a non-binding inquiry.
Please note that there is no legal entitlement to funding.